Monday, November 7

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore!"


I plopped in and arrived (at CT) finally! Sorry to keep any of you waiting but as compensation, I've taken extra time doing this piece. It took several hours building up the layers of colour on this one and then erasing out areas, etc. Anyway, I hope you like it. The road is deliberately sort of warped as if everything isn't quite real, yet convincing enough that one can never be too sure.

It's been good seeing who signed up and just to let you know, my niece (and goddaughter), Alice, participated in this week's theme too (while her baby, Genevieve*) is asleep. I love how she's explored that sense of things not being quite as expected with her Narnia cupboard and such. Fun! In that keeping, she even re-activated her old Instagram to put things up. :)

OK, off to bed now, but will visit everyone tomorrow. Currently fighting a cold my last week here in Yorkshire, actually. Here's hoping that goes away before we travel back down to London then up to the Rockies in a week!

*While Alex gets to be a Great Aunty, I'm simply known as "Gummy" (Great Uncle Michael). Haha, love it! :)


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. This is a really fine piece you did here for the theme Michael, beautiful detail and rich colours! Thanks for hosting amid being so busy with life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Christine. My fave part? Doing the intricate work on the lace below her hem. Never done that before! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the vibrate colors, I think adds a touch of surreal-ness to it, and this definitely reminds me of the movie though that is all I can remember aside from the flying monkeys.

    & the red poppies - makes me of your other pieces.

    have a lovely day & hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don;t recall much about the movie either so had to look at some pics ahead of time to get inspired. I believe poppies are in the movie, or at least the book. Thank you for your comment, Lissa.

      Delete
  3. Michael that is stunning and no apology needed, the yellow brick road looks like its made of solid gold. Just wonderful. Best wishes to you and yours. (Just to keep you updated we are still awaiting our little bundle so if I miss the next CT you know why but I hope not to and will be back.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, good to have that update. Best wishes there, Dancin'! Thank you for your comment too. :) Yes, I was thinking a sort of gold or something. Magical, if you will. :)

      Delete
  4. absolutely beautiful!! i love it all from the gingham dress to the ruby red slippers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, is that what that dress is called? I took liberty with adding the lace slip and her green socks, I realise, but had to make it my own. Thank you, Sue! :)

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous! wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete