Tuesday, October 30

Double Jolt?


OK, Blogger seems to be working again so hopefully by now most of you have been able to put up your piece for one of this week's prompts (either Jolt or Double). Can't wait to see what you've done and will have time tonight to actually get through them all. Whee!

I struggled with which challenge to choose but then thought about one of the logo comps created for the design agency my biz partner and I are currently putting together. This isn't actually the final version but simply one I created, helping get us there. The idea though was to show that ours is a two man ship (thus the double windows) and, of course, power is implied by the gears and lightning bolt/jolt powering the ship along as it rockets past this orb's eclipse. An intriguing story telling image at least, aligning with how we will be focusing on launching and building people's various brands.

Our final version is currently underway, employing elements from this one but also quite different.  While the main concept is done, each individual character will be stylized (reshaped) and fine tuning is in order on certain other elements to make it that much compelling and unique. Also, funnily enough, unbeknownst to me, as red and black (dark grey here) are actually the local university teams' colours we didn't want that as obviously the idea is to have our logo immediately recognizable and standing out from other designs and graphics that abound around here.

You peeps are actually the very first to see this in the general public, even the agency name, but keep in mind this isn't actually the final design and is only a concept comp anyway. Still, it works well enough for the prompts so there you go!

Right, now, off to see what the rest of you have mustered up. Tonight promises to be rainy and I think there's even a potential threat for a tornado out here in the boonies. We shall be huddled up inside and I highly doubt anyone will come by expecting candy as 1. There's no pavement to safely walk along, and 2. There are no kids around here but some Mennonites who pretty much stick to their own traditions, and, as it is, they never alter from wearing the same style clothes each day anyway.  :)

Hope everyone has a safe and good night. Thanks again for your contributions!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, blogger is having issues, as you may have discovered. So, I'm not staying up late to work on completing my art piece for one of these prompts...and, in fact, am not even sure I can post or schedule this? We shall see. As it is then, I'll work on my piece through the day (Wednesday) and catch up with you here later then! Oy.

If this post indeed gets up, please sign in when able. Thank you to each of you for taking the time to create something and leaving your lovely comments. Happy Boo day or Reformation day or whatever! Here, it promises to rain with a flood warning and as we are in the boonies, no one will come by for sure. (If they did, all I have to offer are some non-iced plain pop tarts! Hahaha)

P.S. Just read a few of the comments that went to moderation as they were written several days after the initial post went up. All of those are posted now.  Thank you so much. (Wanda, we miss you too and good to hear from you, Tracy, and Cathy!)

P.P.S Alex's tailbone is doing a bit better but she still has quite a bit of pain in the back but is mustering along as well as can be hoped for, if not better than expected. Thank you for the good will, prayers and comments there too. I've shared them all. 

SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Michael,

    Thanks for hosting another week of art fun. I can't wait to see what others are sharing. I'm always awed by the talent of this group and hope to grow my skill sets by seeing others' creations. I'll be back to check out the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to get inspired? Thanks so much, Cathy.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy BOO day to you.
    Well dear, seems all is back to normal on Blogger this morning thankfully.
    Hope you and Alexandra will have time to join in here today!
    Meanwhile, watch out for ghouls and goblins - they may be really scary in TN!
    Hope the flooding doesn't occur - and of course still keep Alexandra in my thoughts every day x
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. We are about 3 hours away from Nashville so wouldn't know about that but can only imagine!

      Delete
  4. Hope I don't give you too much of a jolt by posting so early (for me) in the day! We'll be busy this evening with a trunk or treat event at our church, so thought I'd better get this done now.

    I'm sure I commented on the "bottle" link page, but apparently it got lost somewhere. Anyway, I'll say again, you and Alexandra are in my prayers as her healing continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jolene. Early is always good too and yes, I did see your earlier comment. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Micheal! :) Happy Halloween!!! :) The logo looks great! I love the lightening bolt. There are no kids around here either, they just get shipped off to the local church for a party. Actually that suits me just fine... more candy for me hee hee! Hope Alex is doing better every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love that, Rain! Don;t forget to brush your teeth. Too funny.

      Delete
  6. I want to wish you good luck with your new endeavor. The logo looks great - striking colors and a great graphic of the rocket and lightning bolt. Hope you're enjoying Halloween even if it's quiet. We don't get any trick or treaters here either being on a somewhat rural county road. So no candy here to indulge in - just as well. Hoping Alexandra continues to mend well - she's been in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine. It's a long road for her and both of us, actually. :)

      Delete
  7. Your professional logo design fits the theme beautifully, both double and jolt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't get on Blogger at all yesterday and now it is too late, but I am putting my link in your comment https://fromthesol.blogspot.com/2018/11/scribble-picnic.html
    so you can come see if you wish. I have wondered if my link to Scribble Picnic was working at all as I haven't heard peep from anyone since I came back ... makes me sad :(. Anyway, Our Halloween was quite nice. We are in a new neighborhood with many kids so we weren't sure what to expect. We had quite a few kids and some really cute costumes, but what struck me most was how polite they all were ... only taking one piece and always saying thank you. I am glad because my Granddaughter will be moving in with us next spring and I think she will fit right in. Love your Logo and love that you are going on a new adventure. I did Logo's in my graphics art class (many years ago) and loved the challenge. Good luck, I hope it all goes well.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, I know I've left comments on your chicken, bottle and double posts. Each time it says they'll be visible after approval. I wonder if the address for where you get notifications has changed or something? You might want to go to your blogger settings, then "Posts, comments and sharing" and see what it shows under "Comment Moderation." I would presume others have actually left comments as well.

      Delete
  9. I will definitely check that out and let me see if Alexandra can add your linl to the sign up even though done now. Sorry about that, Andrea. Thanks for letting me know too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The logo is looking wonderful, Michael, and it fits the theme perfectly!

    I'm glad to hear Alexandra is improving...back injuries are a slow recovery so I wish her well as she continues to heal.

    No Trick-or-Treaters this year. My son works a regular graveyard shift and we couldn't have our doggies barking like crazy every time kids came to the door as he needs his sleep — so we shut up the house like nobody was home. I was a little sad because I do enjoy welcoming the kids and offering treats...maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michael,

    Nice company logo! When I first laid eyes on the design, I thought WOW, now that's a professional design. I had no clue that this is what you do for a living. :) Very cool! I wish I had done more with art as a kid. Lack of confidence really is such a killjoy and robbed me of many years of discovering what I'm capable of doing. I'm no where in your league or many of the other artists here but I'm okay with that because I'm growing my skill sets and the bottom line is I'm having fun with it!

    Another new thing I learned about ya is where you currently live under your 'About Me' section. I thought for sure you were in Canada or Europe because you don't spell some of your words like us Yankees do. :D Anywho, it's great getting to know you a bit better and I thank you for allowing me tag along in your bi-monthly art challenge. Have a great evening and I'll see ya around next time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's a really good logo, I like the lightning bolt. red is used a lot and I actually like red.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I did my double....but, a funeral and emotions got in my way of remembering to post it. Maybe the forest will get done. Hoping life is in the process of calming down so I can do some of this stuff again.

    ReplyDelete