Tuesday, July 11

Scribble Picnic's Fill-in-the-Blank Challenge! (Sign up)


For the next Scribble Picnic theme, your challenge is to take the above shape and fill in the blank! That is: imagine what this dot and line might be part of for a larger image. Any ideas? Feel free to download the image above and/or trace directly from the screen or you could simply redraw it but please keep the relative size of the dot and line to each other to what you see above. Thank you.

You know, you could simply print this image out and then draw in the rest of the diagram or even cut and paste it into some created collage. The possibilities are endless! Oh, and finally, feel free to change the colour from black to whatever you like. 

Still stuck? Well, to make sure it wasn't too hard, I worked on various possible shapes until coming up with this one and then gave the challenge to myself and Alexandra to quickly render something that incorporated it. Here are just a few very quick examples but, of course, you'll probably want to spend longer on it, and as you'll note, the shape can also be rotated to whatever you prefer.

It's going to be really interesting seeing how each of you interpret this, don't you think? Maybe we'll even get a glimpse into your psyche... sort of like a Rorschach test but where you get to add to it. So, have fun and be creative!

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. What fun and so creative. Thanks for the examples too. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad, Christine, you agree! I'm always trying to jar our creative minds and hoping this one will be fun for all.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmm, the wheels are spinning. Hope it's not just the hamster in my brain. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea Michael.
    The examples you each did are fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you, Tammie. Hope you join in!

      Delete
  4. this is definitely different and quite a change. will have to think on this...

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Lissa! I can so see you adding this to maybe bead curtains or something! Should be really interesting to see what others do.

      Delete
  5. OH, what fun! Will have to put my thinking cap on for this one, Michael. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Immediately my wheels are turning and spitting out ideas. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm....I'm going to have to think on this one...nice challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I had left a comment on Saturday, but it isn't here, so I will try again. I have posted a sketch for this weeks "fill in the blank" sketch, but there is no linky so I don't quite know what to do with it. It is currently posted at https://fromthesol.blogspot.com/2017/07/scribble-picnic.html, and I would appreciate it if you could explain to me if this is how it is done or if there is a Link somewhere that I am not seeing :) Thank you ... I am going to miss your wife's Sunday Sketches, but look forward to seeing her over here.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this challenge...several things popped into my brain...but decided to go with the one that took me back to a memory of raising our children. Can't wait to see what YOU do , and all the others. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTw, folks, I have my piece ready and will add it BELOW this post so people can still find the sign up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you came up with Michael. I almost skipped this challenge as I was frustrated - but then figured whatever I came up with might be better than giving up, haha! Bob likes it anyway.

    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you "stuck" with it, Mary! Thank you.

      Delete
  12. Yes, only a child would embrace whatever one could imagine outside the window ... were it me, I would be running in the other direction. Fun picture, Micheal ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete