Wednesday, March 6

Scribble Picnic Status

Friends, having still not been able to visit everyone for these last few themes (and currently sick with a week long flu after traveling), it's clear to me that I'm not being a terribly good host! While it's my joy to build and foster our community here, if it can't be done well, it inevitably leads to let down for the rest of you too and further disengagement which is something I obviously don't want for any of us. As such, it's clearly time for me to put our Scribble Picnics on hold for at least the foreseeable future. I'm afraid our lives have simply been in too much flux since we moved to KY! Many things have not panned out as expected, and some have come with a fair bit of delay, that it would be best to let our art co-op sit, only reconsidering things later after the dust settles and more of my creative focus can be given. Alex and I are well though, in spite of things! We simply just have a lot on our plates currently and need to focus on the tasks at hand.

Thank you for your understanding. I'm sorry for any disappointments here as for most of us, this has definitely become a family of sorts and to me is too valuable to only be able to give it minimal attention currently. Each of you who have participated in some capacity over this last month will be visited and your lovely works commented on as well. I will also be sure let you know if/when things should change here!

Thank you to every one of you for your creativity and excellent inputs for all of us. You mean more to me than you may know. :) TTYL...just not sure when! :)
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Thanks for letting us know Michael! I totally understand where you are coming from and wishing both you and Alex the best in your endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, I know you are taking a break here for this month but do check out the latest post as I suspect you'll be one who will jump back in to Scribble Picnic, come August, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sad, but understand only too well how busy life is just for us oldies, and must certainly be hectic for you bright young things working hard to get your ducks in a row!
    We love you and Alex, still hope to visit your way, perhaps later this year. We must keep in touch.

    Spring will bring brighter days I'm sure. Hope you feel better very soon Michael, and perhaps we can start Scribble Picnic up again another time.

    Sending love, Mary & Bob xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Mary, I wish there hadn't been all that rain, preventing us from moving in to that gorgeous loft which we had great plans for. But, be that as it may, probably for the best as some things on other fronts were not as presented. Having done what we needed/wanted to do with Alex's mom and step pops, and getting a venture off the ground, we felt free to move onto other open doors, so here we are in Cali! :)

      I wonder if you are in the US right now?

      Delete
  3. Wishing you better health and hoping your transition smooths out for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael,

    I, as well understand. Life takes presendence over all else. Hopefully before long you'll find yourself back in Blogosphere encouraging and fostering the SP community once again. Meanwhile, set tight and know that we're here waiting for you & Alex to return!

    I'm participating in the April A to Z Challenge again. This is my 6th year to join the blogfest and for the past two years art sketching has been my theme. This year is no different. I'm happily keeping myself busy drawing. :)

    Try to stay well and may the good Lord bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good you are keeping yourself busy there, Cathy! And yes, I'm ready to jump back in! See recent post.

      Delete
  5. I understand, Michael. My own life has been filled with distractions of late...good and bad. I have barely been online let alone find time to sketch/paint...just not in the right head-space since my fur-kid passed away last month. My emotions are definitely linked to my creativity.

    I totally get where you're coming from in putting Scribble Picnic on hold. I have loved taking part in Scribble Picnic and I do hope it will be back at some point in the future. In the meantime, I wish you and Alexandra all the very best and I hope your creative endeavours continue to grow.

    Love and hugs to you both. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to catch up with you, Serena! Also, read recent post. Thank you

      Delete
  6. That's a shame Micheal, I think the Scribble Picnic was such a great idea and I met many friends by participating, opened my eyes to many new works of art and techniques, so thank you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, Rain. Fancy jumping back in? Let me know in recent post. :)

      Delete
  7. I come and check on you, knowing that you won't be here, but hoping ... and hoping all is well with you. I know you miss our picnic as I do ... I have no outlet for my creative juices so I will be happy when you return. Wishing you and Alexandra the best and looking forward to when we can all be together again. Stay well, stay safe and love your life ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm back now! :) Please add your input in above post if you would. Thank you, Andrea!

      Delete