Tuesday, February 21

Scribble Picnic Kickoff!
"Octopus" due Wednesday with Blogger Sign up.


Scribble Picnic, the new art co-op for doodlers and artists alike, is taking off! Today is the official kick-off. Time to pull out your sketchbooks, pencils, markers, i-Pads or what have you. We've got exactly one week to come up with something fun for our first theme, Octopus!

Please post your work and sign up here on Wednesday, Feb. 22nd. The sign up will be under my completed art piece posted then. (And of course, if you prefer to simply post to social media, just use #scribblepicnic and be sure to tag me @dotty_hill so I and others can find your creative dish on Instagram or Twitter.)

I hope you're excited to join the picnic and meet some others along the way. I know I am! As you can see here, I've already started creatively exploring just how to depict this theme. Hmm.. well, what can I say? Dealing with eight legs can get quite interesting, to say the least!

P.S. Be sure to let me know just what options you took from my giveaway promo challenge so I can enter you into the drawing the correct number of times. Thank you for playing along and good luck!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I added the icon, posted about the co-op http://cmlk79.blogspot.ca/2017/02/a-new-art-co-op.html and of course I will join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You've got 3 entries thus far! :) So glad you are joining in, Christine. Hampers to the ready!

      Delete
  2. This is SO fun! I'm looking forward to it as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you;d join in, smoots, that would seriously be awesome! :) And I've never seen you draw an Octopus before either! A good challenge indeed.

      Delete
  3. Michael - good luck with your Scribble Picnic - I just wanted to say 'thank you' for all of the lovely comments you left me on WFVM which I enjoyed reading and appreciated very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, rosemary, it was my pleasure and I always learn plenty in the process as you are so good at teaching us the background story on places, architecture, etc. I'm only sorry I don't get to visit more often but when I get a chance, tend to do it bursts to feel like I have a good idea of how things have progressed. Thank you for letting me know that you do read them though. Much appreciated! I try to ensure they are thought out and reflective, worthy of the post written in the first hand.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You amaze me Michael - all those comments on my past posts, what a dear you are. I loved each one and thanks so much for taking the time. Today I posted my final one on the Kenyan safari - some beautiful animals - and probably my last time to Africa.

    Hope you and Alex are staying well and warm - Colorado weather can be changeable in these winter months by sound of it. Hope mum is coping - I know how worrisome her situation must be with you on this side of the pond again.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Mary. It was quite the time commitment, let me tell you as you are so incredibly and wonderfully prolific, and also an excellent writer. I feel like I traveled the word with you and Bob by the time I finish reading your journeys. Now, what I really should do is not always work my way back but instead, find where I last visited and then work forward, but that would be far too predictable now, wouldn't it :) Again, thank you for letting me know. now, jsut one final thought--could you do us a favour and hop on over to Botswana before my son gets there with Peace Corps. :) I'm oober proud of him as it's quite hard getting in--only about 1 in 6 ppl who apply get accepted. He has the right xp and background though and is marvelous with others so is well prepared.

      Delete
  5. Hi Michael, have put Scribble Picnic link on my side bar, spoken about it on my blog and at the same time added my octopus. Now just need to keep an eye out for the Mr Linky link.

    ReplyDelete